The Iowa Judicial Branch (state court system) posts updates at least weekly on https://www.iowacourts.gov regarding new and revised court procedures as a result of the current pandemic. You can pay fines on the website and review and download common court forms. Please consult their website or your local Clerk of Court’s office before visiting the courthouse as there have been efforts to limit the number of people entering unnecessarily.
Iowa Judicial Branch
Iowa Workforce Development is a state agency that oversees unemployment claims among other things. You can review the unemployment eligibility requirements and apply for benefits online at https://www.iowaworkforcedevelopment.gov.
Iowa Legal Aid provides free legal advice and representation on civil matters to low-income Iowans. Iowans can apply for services online at https://www.iowalegalaid.org or by calling 1-800-532-1275 Monday-Friday from 9-11 a.m. or 1:30-3:30 p.m. Iowa Legal Aid staff members are working remotely. The Iowa Legal Aid website is a great resource for up-to-date information on legal concerns related to COVID-19.
Student Legal Services (SLS) provides free legal advice and low-cost representation to University of Iowa students on a variety of matters including but not limited to: criminal law, landlord/tenant law, small claims, consumer, divorce, and employment. Students can request appointments via the SLS website https://legal.studentlife.uiowa.edu, or by e-mailing email@example.com.
Staff is currently seeing students via Zoom and regularly posts relevant COVID-19 updates on its website and on social media (@UIStudentLegal).
Browse all resources
- Agape Café
- Clear Creek-Amana School District - Free Meals
- CommUnity Foodbank and Delivery
- Coralville Community Pantry
- Free Lunch Program of Iowa City
- Free Meal Map - Johnson County Area
- HACAP Mobile Food Pantry
- Hawkeye Meal Share
- IC Compassion - Food Pantry
- Iowa City School District
- Iowa Food Bank Association/Feeding America
- Johnson County Food Delivery Line
- Map of Resources in Iowa City and Surrounding Areas
- North Liberty Community Pantry
- Salvation Army - Food Services
- State & Federal Food Programs
- UI Food Pantry