Financial Literacy Services empower students to make informed decisions to promote lifelong financial success. Financial aid advisors are available to meet with students to assist with applying for financial aid, budgeting, understanding credit, borrowing wisely, and loan repayments. You can learn more about their services, as well as how to schedule an appointment, at: https://financialaid.uiowa.edu/resources/financialliteracy.
Financial Literacy Services
Governor Reynolds has allocated federal CARES Act funds to assist Iowans who have been economically impacted by COVID-19 and may be facing housing hardships. This program will provide short-term relief to income-eligible renters and homeowners who are at risk of eviction or foreclosure. Click here for more information.
Housing Recovery Hotline:
If you are at imminent risk of eviction or foreclosure and need legal assistance, Iowa Legal Aid may be able to assist you at no cost.
The application for CARES Act Emergency Grant funding which opened on May 4, 2020 is now closed due to the high volume of applications. If you are still in need of financial assistance, you may be able to apply for support through the Dean of Students Emergency Grant. To learn more about this grant option, visit the Dean of Students Student Support Initiatives website.
If you filed a 2019-2020 FAFSA and were awarded federal loans but have not yet accepted the loans, you may still be able to do so. Go to your MyUI Financial Aid To Do List to determine if any documents are still missing for loan consideration.
211 is a free, comprehensive information and referral system linking Iowa residents to health and human service programs, community services, and more. It’s a one-stop source of information. You can explore their website for specific resources or speak/text with a staff member (https://www.211iowa.org/contact-us/).
Browse all resources
- Agape Café
- Clear Creek-Amana School District - Free Meals
- CommUnity Foodbank and Delivery
- Coralville Community Pantry
- Free Lunch Program of Iowa City
- Free Meal Map - Johnson County Area
- HACAP Mobile Food Pantry
- Hawkeye Meal Share
- IC Compassion - Food Pantry
- Iowa City School District
- Iowa Food Bank Association/Feeding America
- Johnson County Food Delivery Line
- Map of Resources in Iowa City and Surrounding Areas
- North Liberty Community Pantry
- Salvation Army - Food Services
- State & Federal Food Programs
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- UI Food Pantry